Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:27:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Juszczak <matt@atopia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing arplookup from syslog

Does anyone know what arplookup comes to syslog as? (info, warning, etc.)

I get A LOT of:

arplookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed: host is not on local network
arplookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed: host is not on local network
arplookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed: host is not on local network
arplookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed: host is not on local network

and I'd like to disable the messages.  The host that is communicating with
the server is indeed NOT on the local network, its a "forwarded IP" (in my
opinion, an incorrectly setup network, but I don't have access to that
area).

Thanks,

Regards,

Matt Juszczak