Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:15:10 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "A.P.Ivanov" <ivanov@nfsun1.jinr.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs & print etc.. questions

  Hi folks,
I've got a bunch of questions, but probably it would worth
answering them cause I spent a lot of time digging in the mailing-list
archives and found only similar questions without answers.

 First. Is it possible to export directories like this:
/tftpboot/rootfs/diskless -maproot=0:0 client1
/usr -ro client1

Both directories are within the same filesystem. The funny thing
is when I change client1 on smth else in second line everything OK.
(I mean OK with exports, not with what I wanted to do)
 The exports manual (at the bottom)
recommends to put exported directories within one filesystem on
adjacent lines, but I see no contradiction with this rule.

 Another question is pcnfsd and printing from PCs (sun nfs 5).
I followed all recommendations in pcnfsd man, but PCs just refuses to mount
printdevice. I succeded in mounting it when I've exported spool
directory for each client. (/var/spool/mail/client1). But then
nothing happend, when I print to captured device on PC it says OK
and that's all.  Then I put the following line in /etc/pcnfsd.conf

printer   bw  -  mail -s 'hi from pcnfsd' root < $FILE

and after printing ascii text I got a mail containing a little pieces of
original text file with some garbage in it.

And by the way, is it necessary use 'mount -n', cause without -n
I succesfully mounted exported directories on PC. Is it only useful
for pcnfsd.

And finally when I mount printer with lpd protocol and print to it
lpd just dumps core (signal 11) and dies.

--
 Alexander P. Ivanov            mailto:ivanov@nf.jinr.ru
 FLNP JINR                      http://iren.jinr.ru/~ivanov