Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 1996 18:24:29 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   "the alternate system clock has died"

"the alternate system clock has died"

is the message that system -vmstat
is giving me..
vmstat -i shows the rtc0 interupt rate (over the whole booted uptime)
gradually dropping so I guess it's right..

rtc0 has stopped interrupting..

there was discussion of this a few weeks agao but I skimmed it, and
now I can't find it in the archives.

was there a resolution?

this is from a -current of about 3 weeks ago.
it seems to die at some stage when we have both network operation and
sio action. (and disk too I guess)

I can get it to happen pretty reliably on one machine.
I'll substitute hardware and see if it can be made to happen there too.

any leads?

julian