Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:34:43 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   So *many* broken packages on ftp.freebsd.org?

Is there any clue from anybody why there are so many bad package tar files
on ftp.freebsd.org? I keep running into things that have been truncated.
E.g., I don't think qt-2.3.1 will compress down to 8704 bytes, no matter how
hard you squeeze it.

It doesn't appear to be a bad copy from bento: the packages match my last
package copy off bento. <sigh/> Is bento sick again?

--
Alan Eldridge
"Dave's not here, man."