Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:25:43 +0900
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   JFYI: VirtualBox-3.0.51.r22902_2 bridge networking freeze issue (solved)

At last, I have found an issue situation of system freeze led by bridge =
networking.
With Vimage enable built kernel, bridge networking feature will lead =
system freeze.=20

  checked environment:
    FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #44: Mon Nov 16 09:51:20 JST 2009  amd64
    virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_2
    Core2 Quad Q9550

I have replaced to Q9550 instead of Q8300 to get VT feature, but this =
was not
relevant (But from this change, I got an ability to use 64bit OS. My =
test environment
has been extended ;-). Second, I have got rid of some compile options=20
(e.x. CPUTYPE=3Dcore2) and ccache caches, but this was not relevant, =
too.=20
Third, I have changed my BIOS settings and update thats version, yes =
living
up to your expectations, this was not relevant, too.

Finally, I have rolled back my kernel to GENERIC and bridge networking =
works
correctly. Step by step adding kernel options, at last, I have found =
that Vimage
feature is a cause of this problem.  Thanks

PS
Vimage developer, do you have any ideas?  Or with this issue, VirtualBox =
side=20
should treat this problem?

--=20
Daichi GOTO