Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:00:29 -1000
From:      Richard Puga <puga@mauibuilt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   sorry about the vinum comment.

I would like to apologise for the missleading comment I made about vinum
and using 4 18 gig drives with vinum.

In teaching myself the software I have been using 4 18 gig drives in
serveral configurations including striping, striping/mirroring and raid
5. in each situation I had to wait a long time to init the volumes and
newfs because of their great size. I also took drives out of the vinum
volume to simulate failures so that I could learn how to restore from
failure.

I have had no problems with vinum using mirroring or striping. In fact I
am impressed with the speed. the only problems I have had were with raid
5 and doccumented on the vinum web site.

Again I did not mean to imply there was a problem with vinum or using 18
gig drives with it.

Richard Puga
puga@Mauibuilt.com

(missleading comment)