Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:39:19 -0500
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        Seth Kingsley <sethk@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd and kernelppp

>On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 05:42:03PM -0500, Rick Knebel wrote:
>>  Is there anyway i can get natd and my firewall script to run after my
>>  ppp is connected.
>
>I believe that the functionality you are looking for is in the
>/etc/ppp/ip-up script. See the pppd(8) manual page for details. You
>would have a line like:
>
>sh /etc/rc.firewall
>natd (natd flags)
>
>--
>|| Seth Kingsley || BSDi/Open Source Division || sethk@osd.bsdi.com ||

Hey thanks.

I saw that but have one more question. I am sort of new to Freebsd.

I put a file ip-up in my /etc/ppp directory and put those two things in it.
It did not work.

Do i have to make that file executable? Does pppd automatically run
this file or do I have to tell it to somehow.

Thanks
Rick
--
Rick Knebel