Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:19:37 -0800
From:      bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>, Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Own iso CD

If memory serves me right, "Crist J. Clark" wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:14:32PM +0300, Nevermind wrote:
> > Hello, Paulo Fragoso!
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:58:34AM -0300, you wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to build a iso image for 4.5-RELEASE-p2 like the official
> > > release iso image. Is it possible?
> > I have similar question. I'd like to build own 4CD set for
> > 4.4-RELEASE-p9 which will contain same contents which official CD set
> > contains.

Building the mini-install and live filesystem ISOs is easy (it just
takes time and disk space).  The difference between that and the
"official CD set" is the packages, which are typically tweaked for
each release.

> There's got to be a 'make release' FAQ somewhere?

I'm pretty sure this *is* in the FAQ somewhere.  Another good place to
look is Murray's release engineering article, which is in the doc
tree.

Bruce.