Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:45:40 -0500
From:      "Bill Marquette" <bill.marquette@gmail.com>
To:        "Max Laier" <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pfsync errors

On 9/5/07, Max Laier <max@love2party.net> wrote:

> Another way to go is setting the queuelength for the internal processing
> queue to something insanely high (1000+).  This will most likely work
> around the problem at the cost of burning (mbuf) memory.

Assuming mbuf memory is essentially free that's certainly not a
problem for me.  Is this the max ifqlen patch you had me try last
week?  If so, what's a reasonably (relative to insanely high :))
number to set that multiplier to?  2 times queue length "helped".  I
don't want to set it so high that the box panics or something silly :)
 Or for that matter, stops forwarding traffic while processing.  We'll
give these patches a try in our lab shortly.  We just started getting
the Smartbits online to try and duplicate the errors (straight up udp
testing can't replicate it).

--Bill