Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:28:06 -0500
From:      Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
To:        Darren Wiebe <dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: staroffice port

Darren Wiebe wrote:

> I have patches coming which will eliminate the first problem.  But don't
> worry about it, it is only unsightly.  Are you in X when you run
> "make-install".

The times I've tried I have been in X... but I have been logged in as a
user and then su'd to root.  I just tried it once more.. this time
I followed exactly these steps:

# 'su - root' at console... then startx.
# cvsup /etc/supfile.ports
# pkg_delete linux_base-6.1
# rm -rf /usr/compat/linux
# cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice5
# make clean ; make build ; make install

I don't get the X error message anymore but I still get:

*** Error code 1 (ignored)
===>   Generating temporary packing list
install: /usr/local/Office51/bin: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I guess I'm still doing something wrong?

--
Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
http://www.crazylogic.net/~matt