Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 2020 11:53:02 +0000
From:      "Ivailo A. Tanusheff" <ITanusheff@postbank.bg>
To:        Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate@gmail.com>, "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD current: ZFS root mounted readonly at boot

Hi,

Can you provide:
zpool get all

Regards,
Ivailo=20

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-fs@freebsd.org <owner-freebsd-fs@freebsd.org> On Behalf=
 Of Michael Schuster
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:43 AM
To: freebsd-fs@freebsd.org

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 8:06 PM Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate@gmail.com>=
 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a laptop with 12.2 RELEASE (ghostbsd) where I build CURRENT and in=
stall it into a separate boot environment (described in the thread "Recipe =
for compiling and installing CURRENT on 12.x RELEASE in a seperate boot env=
?" on questions@).
> After initial difficulties, all zfs datasets I want mounted actually are =
mounted at boot time, but "/" is mounted read-only, which causes a few erro=
r messages in the log(s) and, I suspect, the failure of X to start at boot =
(I can log in on a text console and run startx fine).

> What I don't understand (and to which I haven't found anything helpful no=
r current despite some effort) is this:

> $ zfs get all $ROOT | grep readonly
> $ROOT readonly              on                                           =
       temporary

> (changing this property - either when booted from this BE or from a 12.2 =
BE - doesn't change this behaviour at next boot).

> What can I do to change this? This behaviour is not visible in 12.2

does anybody have a comment/opinion on this? Do I need to supply anything s=
pecific?

regards
Michael
--
Michael Schuster
http://recursiveramblings.wordpress.com/

Disclaimer:

This communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, =
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or takin=
g any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly pr=
ohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication by mi=
stake, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then de=
lete it from your system.
Eurobank Bulgaria AD is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion, rec=
ommendation, conclusion, solicitation, offer or agreement or any informatio=
n contained in this communication.
Eurobank Bulgaria AD cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or c=
ompleteness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public networ=
k. If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, pl=
ease call the sender.