Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:08:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        jrz <jrz@cnmnetwork.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procfs vulnerability (Re: Details of www.freebsd.org penetration)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, jrz wrote:

> >unmount procfs now on
> >your multi-user systems.
> >
> >Kris
>
> Kris,
>
> What versions of FreeBSD is this affecting at this time?

Jake,

I'm going by the assumption that this is at least 4.x and probably 3.x
too. That's what we expect the advisory to tell us, let him get the data
together. We don't want him making any hasty announcements here under
pressure and then posting something else in the advisory.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
System Administrator                         Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/