Date:      01 Sep 2002 15:50:07 -0400
From:      Anthony Abby <anthonyabby@aplusdata.com>
To:        MasterA678@aol.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Question about FreeBSD

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 15:43, MasterA678@aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>        Your websites says that FreeBSD is Free, I see FreeBSD for sale on
> CDROM, is there a way that I can get a free copy of FreeBSD on CD-Rom?

Like all versions of Linux, FreeBSD is for sale (what you're buying is
the media) and downloadable for free.  To download FreeBSD to to the
following:

ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.6.2/

You'll find two .iso images there.  You only need disk1.iso to install
FreeBSD.

HTH
Anthony