Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 06:37:18 PDT
From:      "kraise ." <kraised@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cdrom filename problem

Hi, i am having a slight problem w/ my non-official distribution cd.
I read the docs on it and it seems that the files are all supposes to
have lower-case names, like floppies, ports, etc.. well mine are all
FLOPPIES, PORTS, and such... is there a way I can change the filenames?
i thought that perhaps i could simply ftp a minimal install, and install
the rest of the stuff by hand, but that won't work either. for one,
FreeBSD thinks my printer is a modem and it also thinks cua0 (COM1 for
DOS peeps) is my modem ppp0 device. well my modem is on cua2 (COM 3) and
i cant figure out how to change that setting in the bootdisk. i am also
on a dynamic IP and i dont have another computer so I cant gateway it...
well, thanks for your help.
-kraise