Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:38:26 -0400
From:      "Joseph Glass" <glassjos@msu.edu>
To:        "FreeBSD-Stable" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Compiling Kernel after cvsup & upgrade

I upgraded to 4.2 Release from 4.1, then I did a cvsup to STABLE on the
/usr/src/sys and lib/ trees.  I want to recompile my kernel, but it fails
while compiling when I do make install.  I didn't do anything else after I
did the cvsup.  I read in the handbook something along the lines of: after
tracking the src tree, you have to do a make world.  Is this what is going
wrong with my kernel make install?  If so, do I really have to do a full
make world on the system?

Thanks,
Joe Glass