Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:42:35 +0000
From:      "How Can ThisBe" <howcanthisbe300@hotmail.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   device.hints and APM/ACPI question

Hi, just trying out -CURRENT on a IBM x21 that was running 4.7-STABLE.
Everything went ok but I did have to do a 'unload kernel', 'load
/boot/kernel' to kick in the -CURRENT kernel.

I've found the new /boot/device.hints to be a little on the confusing
side. I was wondering if there is documented information somewhere
besides in conf/NOTES and man device.hints?

The next question is about APM/ACPI - is there any info about which
systems ACPI 'should' work on? I had heaps of problems trying to get ACPI
to work on my laptop, all with almost no success at all. So, I've
disabled ACPI in my /boots/device.hints (hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"),
enabled apm back into my kernel and rc.conf, and commented out the
hint.apm.0.disabled="1" in device.hints. Everything is working fine
now, but should ACPI have worked on an x21?