Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 11:16:08 +0000 (GMT)
From:      jake@ibmPCUG.CO.UK
To:        Wen-Jer Chang <wen@cos.titan.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 install problem

> ahc0 <Adaptec 2940X SCSI host adapter> int a irq 10 on PCI0:15
> ahc0: reading board settings
> acho: 294x single channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
> ahc0: Downloading Sequencer Program...Done
> ahc0: Probing channel A
> ahc0 waiting for SCSI devices to settle
> ahc0: target 1 synchronous at 10.0 MB/s, offset=0xf
> ahc0 targ 1 lun 0: type 0(direct) fixed SCSI2
> ahc0 targ 1 lun 0: <CONNER CFP1060S 1.05GB 2135>
> And the computer stops here forever.

> I tried to disable cache memory (external & internal) but no use.
> My Hard drive is SCSI #1 and CD-ROM is #5.  My Adaptec card is #7.

> Please take a look at this.

I get this problem a lot but I also get a successful boot sometimes
after which everything is fine, until the next power down (reboots are ok)

I have used scsiselect to wind down and turn off practically everything.

I use 5.0MB/s across all IDs and have turned off both auto-disconect and
sync negotiation

I dont have an extrnal device so card termination is on.

Regards
Jake Dias
PC User Group, UK