Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:01:56 +0000
From:      Alvaro Saurin <alvaro.saurin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dummynet delay

Hi,

I have been using dummynet for some time and there is something that
I find very strange: in order to get a RTT, I have to use much lower
delay when I create the pipe.

For example, in a typical dumbell, for a 100ms RTT, I have to set up
the pipe in the router with 'delay 23', for 20ms I need 'delay 4',
and so on. With dummynet off, the RTT is <1ms.

Could anybody tell me why is this happening? Looking at the RTTs, it
seems that every packet is delayed 4 times. It this right? It is not
too important, really, but I would like to know if I have set up
everything correctly.

Thanks in advance

Alvaro

--