Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 02:58:03 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Munish Chopra <messiah_man@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: text-only MUA...suggestions?

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 01:08:09AM +0200, Munish Chopra wrote:
> I've been using mutt for a while, but I'm changing e-mail accounts now and
> in need of SMTP support. Mutt doesn't support this, so I looked at pine as
> an alternative. It seems (correct me if I'm wrong) kind of bloated...pico
> and all kinds of other junk just come in with it according to the pkg-desc.
>
> So, do any of you have suggestions for a text-only mailer that supports
> SMTP?

I always thought that it's the MTA's work to support SMTP, and installed
Sendmail to do the dirty job of forwarding mail to my ISP.  Why would you want
to have Mutt doing this?  It's a MUA (mail user agent).

In other words, why dont you install Sendmail/qmail/Postfix/whatever to do the
SMTP talking to your ISP, and have Mutt send the messages to their destination
through the local queue?

--giorgos