Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:46:05 +0200
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   resolving depenencies while upgrading port

I'm trying to upgrade port freetype to 1.3.1_2 in order to please
mozilla.
`make install' in print/freetype2 just installed the new version
1.3.1_2. But 1.3.1_1 is still present and seems to be required by
several other ports (imlib2, libast, ttmkfdir). And also mozilla
still fails to compile.
Can I safely delete version 1.3.1_1 of freetype by pkg_delete?
Or should I reinstall version 1.3.1_2 thereafter?
What is the recommended procedure?

-Hanspeter