Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:09:33 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I need to add some lines into ports PLIST file AFTER all info-related stuff.

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 03:37:55PM +0400, Lev@mail.telix.ru wrote:
> Hello freebsd-ports,
>=20
>   Ports system automagically add lines for deletion of non-standard prefi=
x directory into PLIST file.
>=20
>   But here are one problem: I need to delete additional directory (${PREF=
IX}/mingw32), and I have INFO files in this path!
>=20
>   So, all info-related stuff goes AFTER last line of `pkg-plist' and even=
 AFTER `post-install' target. I can not add deleteion of `${PREFIX}/mingw32=
' because it will not be last lines in PLIST in any case!
>=20
>   How could I alter PLIST after ALL other stuff?
>=20
>   Nom I'm overwriting `add-plist-post' target (and copy it standard conte=
nt too, of course), but it is don't look like good idea.

This problem is basically because your port doesn't conform to
hier(7).  As you can see from add-plist-post, we have support for
ports that violate hier(7) by installing into an entirely different
PREFIX, but not for ports that do what yours does.

The best thing you can do is to make the port hier(7)-compliant,
otherwise overriding add-plist-post is about all you can do.

Kris

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O--