Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 1996 10:02:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Adam W. Dace" <thekind@NETural.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Call me stupid, but...

in playing around with FreeBSD (recompiled the kernel, changed my login
banner, etc), I decided that I'd like to see a wheel group, so I made one.

I then proceeded to ad myself to the wheel group (GID 10), but didn't
change my default login GID (0).  I also forgot to add myself back into
/etc/group as part of the now-root(GID 0) group.  BTW, security on
FreeBSD seems nice and tight, as now I can't su to root and because I
can't login via telnet (I'm at home now, not at work) I'll have to either
have someone at work fix my broken setup, or...is there by any chance
some kind of "change group" command under FreeBSD?  My suspicion is that
there isn't one because one isn't needed, and since I'm not in /etc/group
as part of the GID 0 group I'm SOL.

Anyone?

| Adam W. Dace <thekind@NETural.com>  | NETural Communications, Inc.         |
|       Technical Zone Contact        | Paying too much for your Net access? |
|       http://www.NETural.com/       | NETural Voice: (312) 819-2231        |