Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 00:55:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Mark Hummel <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
Cc:        kstewart@urx.com, FSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: (Kent) Can't Run KDE in 16 bit Color Mode

It should be able to, but it depends on the driver for that card in
Xwindows. I don't know much about it.  You'll have to wait for somebody
that does or try the xfree mailing lists.  Somebody may have a working
config for that card.  To see what resolutio and color bit depth a card
can handle at amx is simple:
1024 X 768 X 16bbp /8bits/byte = 1,572,864 bytes  so it has enough
     memory to run in 16bit color, but not more.
It is possible the driver for that card does not support 16 bit color, but
not likely see http://www.xfree86.org/mailman/listinfo
and http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.6/index.html

						Tim