Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 23:15:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
Cc:        Mark Abrenio <mabrenio@netscope.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Kevin Eliuk wrote:

> Thank you again Annelise,
>
> I've just spent 3 days reading the /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail and the
> FreeBSD archives figuring that I was going to have to build a new
> sendmail.cf. I nominate this answer to the FAQs :-)
>
> On Mon, 26 May 1997, Annelise Anderson wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 May 1997, Mark Abrenio wrote:
> >
> > > i need some help.can anyone please tell me where i can get mail client
> > > for freebsd which lets you specify a return address.i cant find one.even
> > > pine doesnt let you.guess they are meant for people running a server.
> > >
> > > i would reall appreciate any help.thanks!
> >
> > pine does let you, see the option for custom headers
> >
> > Annelise

Well, glad to have been helpful.  But a more generic answer is that
it probably isn't the role of freebsd-questions to help with the details
of specific software packages; rather, there are other resources, e.g.,
there's a mailing list for majordomo; there's some list/newgroup for
X-Windows somewhere; there's a newsgroup for pine, for sendmail, for
unix in general, for awk, for C, for web servers and web authoring,
a mailing list for mutt, and so forth.

Perhaps it is an appropriate to ask on freebsd-questions which ports
or packages might serve a particular purpose (which was the point of
the original questions here, actually) or whether there's some
problem with them in their interaction with the operating system....

Meanwhile if pine can really easily do Reply To:, this message should
have a Reply To: xanadu@andrsn.stanford.edu.

I do love having my own server.  :)

Annelise