Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:32:27 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GCC3.1 internal compiler error when compiling XFree86-4-libraries

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 10:02:42PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Sun Jun 23 16:05:30 CEST 2002
> >
> > build of X Window System complete.
> >
> > Here it also worked with the last gcc snapshot.
>
> My experiences here are that building X works, installing X dooesn't ...

This means building it did not work either. The 'make World' target of
the X build is set up so that it ignores build errors and continues on.
The only way you can notice the errors is by taping the output to a file
and grepping for "all not remade because of errors". So, the fact that
you could see the above end trailer does not mean that the build was
successful. In this case it tries to finish it up at install time, of
course failing again, but this time the failure is fatal.

It's just a build config thing, if you just use a 'make all' you will see the
errors one-by-one.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM