Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2018 20:58:05 +0200
From:      Michael Osipov <1983-01-06@gmx.net>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Timo_V=c3=b6lker?= <timo.voelker@fh-muenster.de>, "freebsd-java@freebsd.org" <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SCTP do not work with OpenJDK8

Am 2018-07-31 um 15:55 schrieb Timo V=F6lker:
> Hi,
>=20
> I found an issue with SCTP support in OpenJDK8 for FreeBSD. In my examp=
le
>=20
> https://github.com/msvoelker/java-sctp/
>=20
> it happened that OpenJDK8 calls sendmsg with an buffer address !=3D NUL=
L and a buffer length of 0, which is an invalid argument for FreeBSD. I f=
ound the code lines in the function Java_sun_nio_ch_sctp_SctpChannelImpl_=
send0 of
>=20
> jdk/src/solaris/native/sun/nio/ch/sctp/SctpChannelImpl.c
>=20
> Besides that, I changed two ifdef statements for FreeBSD. I attach my p=
atch file at the end. If I copy this patch file to the files directory of=
 the OpenJDK8 port, I'm able to install OpenJDK and to run the example ap=
plication.
>=20
> sudo cp patch-jdk-src-solaris-native-sun-nio-ch-sctp-SctpChannelImpl.c =
/usr/ports/java/openjdk8/files
> cd /usr/ports/java/openjdk8
> sudo make install
>=20
> I just saw that hwh found this issue already for OpenJDK7.
>=20
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2010-September/008906.=
html

Nice patch,

can you file an issue with Bugzilla, so this won't get lost?

Michael