Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:25:08 -0200
From:      "Giovanni P. Tirloni" <gpt@tirloni.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nicol=E1s_de_Bari_Embriz_Garc=EDa_Rojas?= <nembriz@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVIDIA driver crashing the system

Nicolás de Bari Embriz García Rojas wrote:
> I am trying to use the nvidia driver from the ports on FreeBSD
> 5.3-STABLE but every time i startup X the system crash
>
> My system:
> Laptop: Dell latitud D800
> video card: GeForce FX Go5200
>
> I attached a console to the laptop and i got this:
>
> ---
> NVRM: detected agp.ko, aborting NVIDIA AGP setup!

  This message means the Nvidia driver found the native AGP driver
  that comes with FreeBSD. I'd sugest removing "device agp" from your
  kernel and giving it a try. Remember to put nvidia_load="YES" in
  /boot/loader.conf.

  Another sugestion is not to use any kind of compiler optimization
  in /etc/make.conf.

  I've a FX5200 128MB and it worked fine with 5.3-STABLE from
  yesterday.

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni