Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 19:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>
To:        cjm2@earthling.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: Funny mail

After a long night of experiments of rather dubious scientific value,
I have concluded that there is indeed a delay between fetchmail's
indication that the mail has been received and sendmail's actual
delivery of the message.  Duplication of the problem I experienced
consists of simply typing "emacs" (no return yet) then switching to
another console and downloading email via fetchmail.  As soon as
fetchmail says it's done, switch back, hit <return> and hit your
"RMAIL" hot key (F6 on my system).  I guess I was just too impatient?

I have seen occasional rejected mail, but not coincident with the
problem I was seeing.  Thank you, though, for your well thought
replies and your time.  Hopefully next time it will be more
challenging for you.  :)