Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 23:43:25 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

Hi,

has anyone else seen this panic? Unfortunately, the kernel didn't manage
to dump, so I can't really give any detailed information. The message
said the filesystem concerned was /var, which has softupdates enabled
(as do all my filesystems except root). Any ideas? Probably not, I
realise that, considering I haven't given anyone anything to work on.

(uname -a: FreeBSD scientia.demon.co.uk 3.2-STABLE
FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #127: Sun Jun 13 00:27:36 BST 1999
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk:/usr/src/sys/compile/SCIENTIA i386)

I suspect my most recent buildworld and cvsup was around the time
that kernel was built, though I couldn't give a very exact date. If I
manage to reproduce this panic, I'll try and gather a bit more useful
information (I'll probably cvsup to the latest stable first though). If
any other system information (e.g. hardware) would help, just ask...

Maybe related, I saw a "map mismatch" panic a while back, but didn't
bother to report it. (For the same reason I hesitated before reporting
this one, I didn't have any information.) (grepping under /sys/ffs/ffs,
the exact panic was probably "ffs_clusteralloc: map mismatch".)

--=20
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and
                         |   ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--