Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 05:48:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        JT <luser@ahab.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting CDROM's, Setting Voodoo3 Depth Settings, and Switching Window Managers.

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, JT wrote:

:
:On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:29:36PM -0500, John wrote:
:>
:> Third, I want a program that will let me choose which Window Manager I want
:> to use upon the start of the X server after login. Or maybe even a graphical
:> login will work, like the graphical logins on Mandrake and Red Hat Linux.
:> Does anyone know if there is such a program ported to FreeBSD?
:>
:
:This is easiest with shell scripts.  Write one that does the following and use it instead of startx.  Say, "xme".
:
:	MY_WM=$1; export MY_WM
:	exec startx

Another option is to make something other than your window manager your
exec process.  You can then switch window managers without exiting X.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"