Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:16:32 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, Adam Turoff <aturoff@isinet.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd vs. linux and NT chart

Brett Glass wrote:

> Well, we all know that Jordan worked long and hard on the install
> code and did all sorts of tricks to keep it to one floppy.
> Nonetheless, I think that this is an important selling point.
> Also, from a technical standpoint, there's no reason why a single
> floppy can't reach out to the installation media and bring in any
> code that won't fit. This may well be an opportunity to leapfrog
> Linux once again.

True enough. As the boot disks move to a PicoBSD-based solution, and
support for kld increases, it might be viable for network installs
(given the widespread boot capability of cd-roms nowadays, this
might not have much demand on cd-rom installs).

But people will have to work to make it happen.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"FreeBSD is Yoda, Linux is Luke Skywalker."