Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 16:30:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can you mount NFS w/quotas from a 2.2.x client ?

(Apologies for posting this multiple times, but nobody responded the first
time, and my project is at a bit of standstill without confirmation of
this question)

Can you mount an NFS file system with user quotas using a 2.2.x client ?
I have been able to with a 3.0-current client, but using a similarly
configured 2.2.x client, when running

mount_nfs -o userquota server:/usr/exports/home /usr/home

I receive the response

nfs: -o userquota option not supported.

I have tried this with a newly installed 2.2.1R system, recompiled with
the GENERIC kernel, adding just the 'options QUOTA' line, without success.

If it can't be done, I really need to know.  Any help is appreciated.

--
j.