Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:15:08 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, shmit@rcn.com
Subject:   Re: Daily SnapShot Server Online

> There is now a daily snapshot of the FreeBSD/Alpha tree online at:
>
> ftp://mirrors.rcn.com/pub/FreeBSD/alpha
>
> It should hold the last 3 days worth of builds. The only bits missing are
> ports and the doc dist (that'll need a bit more work for it to work on the
> build machine). I haven't had a chance to test this (I only have one alpha to
> play with, and I can't blow that away as its doing the builds :) ), so scream
> if there are any problems that are caused by me :)

About the only critical problem preventing you from using sysinstall
seems to be that boot2 is installed in /usr/mdec rather than /boot by
default.  If you remember to copy it manually from the holoconsole
before rebooting, you should be able to do a full install with
sysinstall.

(I can't be 100% sure about this; there was a problem with the GENERIC
 kernel that got installed back at the 3.0-RELEASE level that may not
 be fixed yet.)