Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:37:14 -0800
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>, Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fsck updates for filesystem

	Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:56:37 -0800
	From: Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
	To: Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
	Cc: Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>,
	   Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>,
	   Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>, Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>,
	   Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>,
	   Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, arch@FreeBSD.org

	I agree with the sysctl approach, along with your patch for making
	sysctl oid's non-repeating (although it could use a mpfixme() because
	of the global counter).

	So just commit it, I'll do the lock around the counter later. :)

I have put in the change to avoid reuse of AUTO_OID's. Per your
request, I have left the locking issues to you :-)

	Kirk