Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:40:57 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   des/ssl manpages lost

Hi,
I've noticed that the first successfull make world after the openssh import
failed to update several manpages for des related functions. The functions
were moved into libcrypto, the manpages were deleted alongside libdes. The
missing files are:

/share/man/man3/des_read_password.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_read_2password.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_string_to_key.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_string_to_2key.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_read_pw_string.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_random_key.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_set_key.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_key_sched.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_ecb_encrypt.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_3ecb_encrypt.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_cbc_cksum.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_cbc_encrypt.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_3cbc_encrypt.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_pcbc_encrypt.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_cfb_encrypt.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_ofb_encrypt.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_quad_cksum.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_enc_read.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_enc_write.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_set_odd_parity.3.gz
/share/man/man3/des_is_weak_key.3.gz

To be precise, it's just one file, the other 20 are hard links to it. The
manual pages were generated from /usr/src/crypto/libdes/des_crypt.man.
The manualpage for des(1) is also missing (it was created from des.man).
4.0-current doesn't contain the des executable but several crypto-related
manpages refer to des(1).

Additionally, the new manpage for sshd contains several references to ssl(8).
This manpage is missing, too.

Point of reference: 4.0-current, last update from cvsup1.de (base system)
and cvsup.internat (crypto stuff) at 27-FEB-2000 02:00 +0100. make.conf
contains USA_RESIDENT=NO, all other RSA- and crypto-related variables
haven't been changed.

On the other hand, make world and friends completed perfectly and I've
already switched from the port version of ssh1 to the integrated sshd.
No problems so far (client: SecureCRT 3.01, RSA-based authentication,
3DES encryption). Standing ovations.

/s/Udo
--
I'd like to meet the man who invented sex and see what he's working on now.