Date:      9 Mar 2000 21:42:13 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cd /usr/src; make update?

Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be> wrote:

> typing "make update"  [...] and I wouldn't want it to grab
> the /usr/ports stuff without my explicitly going in to /usr/ports and
> also typing "make update".

Yes, this is unexpected and inconsistent. There are already separate
update targets in /usr/{ports,doc}/Makefile. If you choose to update
your tree by cvs rather than cvsup, "make update" in /usr/src also
won't update the ports.

I recently nagged about it on -current, but was met there with some
resistance and mostly a lack of interest.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de