Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2018 09:37:57 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?utf-8?Q?Leander=20Sch=C3=A4fer?= <info@netocean.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD textproc/elasticsearch6 does not honour /etc/profile

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018, at 02:25, Leander Sch=C3=A4fer wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>=20
> Thanks for your reply. I didn't know about the elasticsearch_env=3D"" - so
> thanksfor that. So my follow-up questions are:
>=20
>   * How would I have to set up elasticsearch_env=3D"", cause according to
>     the man of env elasticsearch_env=3D"-S -P
>     /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin" wouldn't do the job.
>   * What needs to be changed, so elasticsearch's auto detect script
>     would work with regular values of PATH? Cause currently the default
>     PATH is like: PATH=3D/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin and this won't work
>     with an openjdk compiled from ports. Cause this would be my prefered
>     way.
>=20

I guess I am confused about what you are trying to accomplish. When you ins=
tall ElasticSearch from ports/packages on FreeBSD it automatically installs=
 Java (OpenJDK) from ports/packages and will use it by default. You do not =
have to specify a which Java to use; simply modifying the configuration fil=
e(s) and starting the service should be sufficient.

Are you in a situation where you have multiple versions of Java on the syst=
em and you are trying to tell ElasticSearch to use a different one?

> Can I post your replies in the FreeBSD forum? Might be useful for others
> as well ;)
>=20
> Thanks a lot
>=20