Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:47:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org (user alias)
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM

> > My ATAPI IDE CDROM is not being recognized.
> >
> > My config has:
> >
> > options         ATAPI                   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
> > controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
> > disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
> > disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1
> > device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM
> >
> > And during probe all I get is
> > wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
> > and that is IT.  It just sits there for 10 seconds.
> >
> > I ONLY have an IDE CDROM drive and that is it.  No other IDE drives.
> > So the IDE CDROM is configured to be the master.  Maybe that is the reason?
>
> Ahh, thats the clue, the driver currently does not support
> "loose" cdrom's, there has to be a disk there also.
> I'm looking into this in the next couble of days..

I'm running a Mitsumi FX-400 ATAPI CDROM drive as a sole drive
on my ASUS SP3G board w/o problems.

Unfortunately due to a disk wipe out (did a CHROOTDIR=/home on a
make release :-( ) I lost my config file but I believe it was
the same as above.

WHen you say 'it just sits there for 10 seconds' what happens
after the 10 seconds ? I assume it is trying to find the wd drives.