Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:42:20 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Vadim Goncharov <vadim_nuclight@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   being loud (Was: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve)

Hi Garrett Cooper!

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:54:35 -0700; Garrett Cooper wrote about 'Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve':

>> And that's been my experience too.
>>
>> Linux users and advocates are very .. loud. FreeBSD users and
>> advocates tend not to be so loud.
>> Maybe that needs to change.
>     I also personally think that companies that use FreeBSD need to be
> louder as well. There is Isilon, iXsystems, Juniper, etc, but there
> are other companies that don't take a more active role in
> acknowledging that they run FreeBSD under the hood which only
> detriments FreeBSD's overall mindshare.
>     It's funny how certain companies like Dell, IBM, etc choose to be
> so loud about their active Linux support -- so why should more
> companies using FreeBSD also not take suit?

So, you think. You think right. I agree, many others will agree.

But what then?

That's just words in arch@ - a little place for developers. Not much
heared outside. Words, not actions.

So, who will go and tell to that companies they should be loud?..

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight@mail.ru
[Anti-Greenpeace][Sober FreeBSD zealot][http://nuclight.livejournal.com]