Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2001 23:06:39 -0700
From:      W Gerald Hicks <gehicks@pacbell.net>
To:        Chris Harris <harr@interlinks.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A Networking Question

> Chris Harris wrote:
>
> At home I have two computers.  This one, connected to the internet,
> running Win ME, and an older system running FreeBSD.  I wish to share
> my internet connection between this one and the system running
> FreeBSD.  Both systems have network cards but I have not got them
> netoworked together.  Is there a place I could find a detailed
> description of how to set this all up?

Hi Chris

(HTML mail messes up the search indexing, regular text is preferred)

I'd *really* recommend front-ending the internet connection with the
FreeBSD box and using the NAT features builtin to FreeBSD's PPP
instead.  Here is a good link:
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/index.html

This assumes you're doing dialup on an analog modem... let us know if
it's DSL and we'll point out another resource.

Welcome aboard!  FreeBSD can be a little work to get started for those
unfamiliar with Unix;  Stick with it, you'll soon find the liberty that
it brings.

Cheers,

W Gerald Hicks
gehicks@pacbell.net