Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:00:14 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        dc <dccwest@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: incompatability between PowerPack 6/01 TOOLKIT and 9/01 OS disks

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

Please wrap your lines at <80 characters.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 03:33:06PM -0800, dc wrote:

> Wondering if I maybe just missed the point somewhere or whether
> there really are packages and distfiles on the June, 2001 TOOLKIT
> disks that are incompatible with the September, 2001 OS disks, even
> though they're all included in the same FreeBSD PowerPack 4.4...

Ports are upgraded constantly; for fast-moving targets like GNOME
there will often be several software releases in a week.  As for
packages, from time to time the port is unbuildable, due to a mistake
in the port or bugs in the software.

Kris
--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

--wq9mPyueHGvFACwf--