Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:40:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Aliza R. Panitz" <buglady@ability.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   perl 4.036 and FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE

I wrote:

> I have some legacy code that runs under perl4.036, which I have
> been unable to port to perl5.
>
> I have been unable to get perl4.036 to compile under FreeBSD, nor
> have I been able to use my BSD/OS 2.0 binary (though all mny other
> BSD/OS binaries run just fine under FreeBSD)
>
> I used the "i386" hints; should I have gone in from scratch?
>
> Is there anywhere I can find help in building or fetching perl4.036
> for FreeBSD?
>
> Any pointers will be greatly appreciated...

I should have mentioned my O/S version:
FreeBSD white.ability.net 2.1.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE #0: Wed Jul 17 03:09:31  1996     jkh@whisker.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

My perl is crashing with a bus error, even after I re-ran h2ph

 - Aliza
   buglady@ability.net

--
Aliza R. Panitz   http://www.ability.net/~buglady/  buglady@ability.net

      AccessAbility Internet Services:  http://www.ability.net/
(Web site design, hosting, and maintenance; Financial services, and more)