Date:      09 Nov 2002 14:40:49 -0900
From:      Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   D-Link DWL-650

I've got a Toshiba Tecra 700CT that I would like to connect to a
wireless network. The wireless card I have is a D-Link DWL-650.

Here is what I've done so far:
1. Installed FreeBSD 4.6

2. Card is recognized and comes up as interface wi0

Here is my problem:
1. I had some trouble giving the card an IP address but after a few
minutes of messing with a few configurations I was able to do so

2. the card says associated and when I check the AP it shows the card
listed.

3. When trying to pass traffic I get a "watchdog timeout" where the card
times out instead of sending data.

4. I tried a Linksys 10/100 Ethernet card and got the same "watchdog
time out. It looks like the problem could be both cards but I think it
might be something else.I don't see how two different cards could cause
the same problem.

HELP ME!
If any of you out there in FreeBSD land know whats going on with my
system pleas let me know. Also, if any of you know of any wireless or
Ethernet cards that work when you plug them in let me know. I want
wireless but Ethernet will work.

The problem could be the cards I am using.