Date:      Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:37:32 +0330
From:      h bagade <bagadeh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem in changing serial console speed!

Hi all,

I want to change serial console speed on freebsd 8.2. I've found out
different way of doing so but none was successful! I've tried the following
ways:

1- change /boot.config: add -S*speed

*2- change /boot/loader.conf: add following lines
boot_multicons="YES"
boot_serial="YES"
comconsole_speed="115200"
console="comconsole,vidconsole"

3- change /etc/ttys as follows:
ttyu0    "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200"    vt100    on secure

none of the above methods worked and only changing /etc/makefile had an
effect on serial console speed which is not appropriate.
Is there anything else should be take in to consideration in any of the
ways? What am I missing?

Any comments or hints are really appreciated.