Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:33:21 -0800
From:      George Hartzell <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        James Pole <james.pole@paradise.net.nz>, George Hartzell <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com>, freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnome2, FreeBSD4.7p2, system load applet doesn't do network traffic

Joe Marcus Clarke writes:
 > On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 01:24, James Pole wrote:
 > > On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 17:04, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
 > > > This doesn't work.  netload wants /proc to be the Linux proc
 > > > filesystem.  This isn't going to happen.  We would need to write
 > > > specific FreeBSD modules for multiload.  I would be happy to accept
 > > > patches.
 > >
 > > Can't we use linprocfs(5) rather than FreeBSD's native procfs?
 >
 > No.  We need /proc/dev/net.  I'm actually finishing up some hacked
 > patches that may get this working under FreeBSD.  Interested?

Rats.  And here I thought I'd actually found a bite-sized project that
was just festering in the corner so no one would do-it-before-I-did.

I'm game to wack at it tomorrow or Thursday, and probably have all of
the requisite system-y concepts down.  It'll be a good intro to a bit
more gnome-y stuff.

If it isn't finished, and you have other things to do, let me know.

g.