Date:      Sat, 01 Feb 2003 18:26:05 -0600
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Mike Erickson <mee@quidquam.com>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft USB keyboard

Doug> I've bought a handfull of cheap Microsoft Natural Keyboards from
Doug> a reseller, but they turned out to be USB only keyboards.

Mike> Change your keyboard type in your XF86Config file from pc101 (or
Mike> whatever it is set to currently) to something higher, and try
Mike> xev again.

Mike> I'm not sure what you should set it to, but it's another knob to
Mike> twiddle.

I've tried a few, like pc104, pc105, even microsoftpro which I found
in one of the config files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86.

None of them (after re-starting the X server) ever caused xev to
produce ANY events for those extra hot keys.