Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:59:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kensington mouse (was: Re: Unusable PS/2 mouse)

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Kazutaka YOKOTA wrote:

> >On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Warner Losh wrote:
> >
> >> I had problems with the my Kensignton mouse in a box, but some fixes
> >> were made to -current that fixed the problems.  A workaround is to set
> >> flags 0x20 (the NOIDPROBE) which forces it to behave as if it were a
> >> plain old 2 button (or in my case 3 button) mouse.
> >>

> >For my Kensington (on -stable) I used 'flags 0x10' (NOCHECKSYNC) to kill
> >the out of sync messages. The only side effect I've seen is that the
> >cursor speed is faster [than with using the serial port connector].
>
> Which model is it?  Kensington sells quite a number of mouse/trackball
> products.
>
> The model Warner talked about is "Kensington Mouse in a Box Scroll".
> It has a wheel between two buttons. Is that the one you are talking
> about?
>
> (The problem regarding "Kensington Mouse in a Box Scroll" was fixed in
> both -CURRENT and -STABLE about a week ago.)
>
> If not, would you give -v option to the boot command when you boot the
> kernel and send me /var/run/dmesg.out, so that I can diagnose what the
> psm driver is doing to the mouse?

My apologies, I was inferring that I also had a "Kensington Mouse in a Box
Scroll" (Model: MOSUI) ...

After removing the flags from psm, the mouse is working great.  This is
stable cvsupped last weekend (July 15th or so).

Excellent work!

Thanks,
Chris

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.