Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:40:56 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
To:        Michael Grant <mg-fbsd3@grant.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ssh/ftp only accounts

Greetings!

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Michael Grant wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what the recommended way to set up an
> account such that the user can only ftp and scp to a chrooted
> directory?  (i.e. no login shell).

Here it is (imho, of course):
1. Create user with shell like /bin/date or something like this (You
may want to add this command to /etc/shells).
2. Allow this user access to desired services.

Hope this help. If You need additional info on getting access to
ftp/scp, don't hesitage and mail me.

With best regards,

Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua
System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/