Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:33:24 +0100
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Raspberry PI with 512 MB does not boot FreeBSD?

Hi,

has anyone successfully booted FreeBSD on an new Raspberry PI with 512 MB=
 RAM?

With mine, it looks like booting terminates very early. There is just one=

flash from the activity LED. Nothing more, especially no splash screen.

First I tried to build an image based on the information from
http://kernelnomicon.org/

Next I tried the to build my own image based on
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/3288/freebsd-easiest-way-t=
o-inst
all-on-my-rpi
Unfortunately with the same result. To exclude errors in my image buildin=
process I tried the image provided there. I got the same result - it does=
n't
boot.

By trying two of the Raspbian =22wheezy=22 imagesI have verified that the=
 problem
is not caused by the SD card or by the Raspberry PI itself. Both images w=
orked
as expected.

Any hints what I can try to get FreeBSD working?

Best regards
  Ralf