Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:53:21 +0200
From:      Milan Obuch <milan@netlabplus.sk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: courier mailer

On Thursday 23 June 2005 14:26, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> Hello
>
> Can someone please tell me when it will be possible again to install
> courier to replace sendmail?
>
> What will happen if I change the makefile in mail/courier and remove the
> BROKEN statement. Will it compile and install then? What file
> permissions exactly will be changed?
>
> And why does it take _so_ long to have courier back. Will it ever be
> back?

Yes, it took long already. I was upset too and prepared my personal/unofficial
0.50.0 port. It need some more polishing, but it works reasonably well for me
and (hopefully) for others too. Please try it. You can find it at
http://porst.dino.sk. I will try to find some more time to get this PR'ed and
hopefully commited, your feedback in this issue is really welcome.
Regards,
Milan